Pages

Thursday, August 21, 2014

36 Weeks

Thirty Six Weeks

Pregnancy is nearing to an end. Even though I technically have 4 more weeks, baby Jacob is trying really hard to be an August baby. Dr appt yesterday confirmed I am 3 cm dil and in preterm labor. Crazy! My midwife feels safe for me to delivery Jacob if he does arrive earlier but the goal is to keep him in till at least 38 weeks. 

Today was  my first day home on rest. Its tough being home on rest with a toddler plus the urge to continue to nest. I did repack my hospital bag today...twice...and I still feel as though I am missing something. Plus I need extra space in my bag to take home a box of mesh underwear! Oh you don't know what those are, only the best hidden post baby secret. Ever.

Ryan has been super husband and is making sure I am resting. He has taken over grocery and target trips (which are my super favorite trips and sad target and I will not see each other for a while), play time with rylee, and dinners. Lately just sitting on the floor is beyond uncomfortable and painful, which makes play time with her a little difficult.  So we bring toys on our bed to play or I play with her while laying down on the floor. Truly trying my best to give her attention she needs and also giving my body the rest it needs. By the end of the day I am exhausted and have trouble keeping up. Even taking a shower is tiring. Yet sleep provides no rest due to bathroom runs and big belly discomfort. 

So I've entered the last lovely month of pregnancy.  I am so eager to meet our little man. To smell him. Kiss his head. Snuggle him. And see if all this heartburn proves the oldwives tale right to have a baby with a head full of hair.

I am excited to see Rylee love on her brother we are constantly talking about.

I am anxiously awaiting to watch Ryan fall in love all over again.

Rylee seems to be getting excited over the arrival of her brother.  We play in his room often. Change diapers on her dolls and place pacifiers in their mouth as she whispers "shh no crying".

How far along: thirty six weeks
Weight gain: 20 lbs
Best moment: letting Rylee pick out a special present for her brother
Movement: very big movements and intense kicks
Craving: spicy spicy food! and a cider!
Looking forward to: next weeks appt to see if we are making anymore progress towards real labor beginning
Body changes: jacob has dropped so my belly is looking a little lower. Still growing bigger by the day!

Getting ready for late  night feedings with this shirt! 

The sweet duck Rylee picked out for her brother 

Baby belle trying out the new bassinet and swaddle blankets

New chalkboard made from a dollar tree photo frame!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs