Pages

Friday, April 25, 2014

Sensory bin - finally made one!

Since last summer I have been wanting to making a sensory bin for Rylee. For whatever reason I never crossed it off my to do list. Rylee's chore is to feed our old lady pug. Recently she continues to scope the food after she overly fills her bowl and continues to play in the dog dry food container.  Today I made it my mission to make one! And to spend under $20! 

What you'll need:
》dry beans 
》storage container
》scoops
》small trinket toys

Step #1
I went to target and bought a 15 qt storage container and four 2 lb bags of beans. I found the scoops and tongs in the dollar {impulse section}


Step #2
Dump all the beans into the storage container and start gathering little treasures.  I am person of theme so I grouped treasures and activities

Rylee received  these cute blocks from Santa! You can use a few sets and hide them in the beans and encourage your little to look for each piece to build an animal

I've had these wooden pictures forever.  They are from michaels and are very cheap, 2 for $1. You can encourage your little ones to make pairs or group my theme.
 "What do we see at the beach?"
"where are the balls?"
And I found the bead necklaces for $1 for four in the party section of target.

Stringing beads is a great fine motor skill! You can hide the beads in the beans and string them as they are found.


Lastly, I threw in some worms and an easter egg. 

Rylee couldnt wait to get her hands into the beans and find the worms. She played for a good 20 minutes using the worms and scoop tools!



I also used a small container to store all the different treasures for the sensory bin. Easier to store and easier for others who are babysitting to use the sensory bin. 


have fun!

1 comment:

 
site design by designer blogs