Pages

Saturday, April 19, 2014

Just a coat of paint

A sweet friend of mine gave this awesome armoire to me! Its always awesome when peopdiy project. The initial plan for the armoire was to be put in the baby's room. After we got it home my husband suggested using it apainew place to store my craft supplies.

The armoire has great character. Just needed some tlc. Ryan reinforced the legs and added shelves to the closet portion.


I painted the mirrors using chalkboard paint. This was my first time working with chalkboard paint. All my chalkboards are boards purchased from home depot cut to fit into frames. Between the two, I prefer the chalkboard board. Mostly because I use markers vs actual chalk {eek the textured of chalk gives me goosebumps}. But so far the paint is holding up alright. I went with a color vs the traditional black {still debating if I like it}

I purchased the paint from lowes -  called tranquility. 
{I used the same color to paint both the armoire and Rylee's toddler bed}



You can't really see in the photos but applied to coat of primer and used a brush to applied one coat of mint colored paint. The brush strokes gave it a textured feel and a glimmer of white shines through.

I replaced the small mirror with a burlap canvas. Im a fan of different textures and mix of fabrics. I used brads to add the paper onto the burlap. 

And to really make our friday full of painting, I painted Rylee's toddler bed. 
I have a major obsession with painting everything! I used the same color as the armoire {tranquility-maybe the name will help her sleep in it?} 
Primed and painted two coats of paint. Planning to move her to her new bed next weekend. Wish us luck :)



{please excuse the mess in the sunroom and baby room. We have been spending the last few weeks getting rid of junk and moving our junk around the house to make room for our little one}

P.S. a special thank you to my husband for help in always making my projects a success and reminding me its ok to do something just for me

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs