Pages

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

18 weeks

18 weeks pregnant today!
Baby b is the size of a sweet potato. Hmm. Comparing baby's growth to food is odd. So I'm baking a sweet potato in my oven

How far along: eighteen weeks
Weight gain: none
Best moment: feeling ryans hands on my belly as he tries to feel the flutters and sweet kicks I feel
Miss anything: eating a publix sub smoothered in turkey lunch meat
Movement: yes! Flutters and a few swift kicks!
Cravings: something spicy and buffalo sauce
Gender: boy! Narrowed name choices down to two...will share as soon as we decide!
Mood: relaxed. Excited to start working on the baby's room
Looking forward to: Friday! Our 2nd trimester ultrasound.  Excited to see the baby on the big screen!

When I was pregnant with Rylee,  I spent so much time in her room. I took time and thought to color of the shelves, placement of the rug, and organized books in her closet.

I would rock in the chair and wonder what she would look like, how she would smell, and how her voice would sound when she first spoke my name.

I've been spending time in the baby's room with Rylee watching her explore the new space and listen to her say "brother" when we're rocking in the chair. She leans into my belly, gives a high five to her brother and I never imagined her being a big sister.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs