Pages

Saturday, June 28, 2014

28 Weeks

Twenty Eight Weeks

I must say this pregnancy has a completely different feel then my first. I knew this time around it would be different because I get they are different. My body is in a different place then before. I didn't completely lose all my weight I gained back after I stopped pumping with Rylee and I don't think my body really ever recovered to push another baby out. But really, do our bodies really ever go back to pre-pregnancy? I don't think entirely. Rylee reminded me last night how much our bodies as mothers really go through to birth out our little babes. I was drying myself off from a bath and she points to the stretch marks on my belly from her pregnancy and says "aww booboo mama". I look down and remember the day I first day I saw those marks coming in. Two weeks before she was born the first mark broke through. I remember being irritated to make it so far into the pregnancy without one stretch mark. As I look at them now I do see those I am not saddened but proud. I grew a healthy little human inside me and I am so lucky my body is able to.

Some days I wake up with energy to take on the world. All the chores around the house get done. I take Rylee out for a fun play adventure, we eat a yummy prepared meal, and I can do a cartwheel as I leave her room at bedtime with my remaining energy. Other days....getting up to go to the bathroom or put in a new Disney movie in seems to take all my energy. On those days we stay home and I crawl into her room and watch bake cookies and read her books from laying on the floor. We eat leftovers or drive through chick fil a for lunch. We watch the little mermaid more times I will ever say. Her and I shower together because I cant leave over to unplug the bath tub. And I fall asleep while reading her bedtime books. This pregnancy is reminding me how much I can't push myself. I need to let laundry sit and let go of the ideal perfect summer of daily planned activities for Rylee. I'm a major must be in control person so its hard to swallow. But if I don't, I'll end this pregnancy on bed rest!

Jacob's beautiful baby shower was this past Sunday. We spent the week organizing all his clothes and purchasing a few items for his room. I've been spending more quiet time in his room and just imaging what our life will be when he arrives. I m excited for him to arrive. To give him the physical love I long to do. I'm excited for Rylee to meet her brother and pray she transitions well into sharing her mommy. I'm excited for Ryan to hold his son because there aren't enough kicks from my belly to compare to holding your baby in your arms. His room seems calm and peaceful. Rylee enjoys going through his little things and high fiving my belly. In twelve weeks or less this little boy will touch our lives and being beautiful chaos with him!

I ordered my breast pump (if you didn't know most insurances now completely cover the purchase of a breast pump! Fantastic!) I hope and pray breast feeding flows easier with this babe and the pump won't be in full use like before. With Rylee I pumped everyday for almost 7 months. Goodness I tried to make it to a year but it didn't work out as planned. The humming of the breast pump still haunts my dreams! Especially those midnight and 3am pump fest!

We still need a few more things before Jacob arrives and I've made lots of lists so things aren't left out. A double stroller is at the top of the list. Ryan is making a fantastic light for his room and we need to get a toy storage unit from IKEA. I need personal things like nursing bras and a few lounge pants for post birth chaos. We plan to give Rylee a little mermaid princess dress as a big sister gift and take her to build a bear to make her brother a welcome gift (thanks for the idea Amy!) Busy busy summer ahead!

How far along: twenty eight weeks
Weight gain: 8 lbs. Gained 4 lbs this week. I wasn't too surprised. I've been so uncomfortable in my belly and feeling like I was stretching out more.
Best moment: baby shower! And eating nachos at the baby shower!
Miss anything: being able to sleep through the night without having to get up to pee every few hours
Movement: a lot of very hard intense shifting going on in this belly
Craving: nothing new this week
Mood: feeling calm this week. Very tired
Looking forward to: Rylee's second birthday in a few weeks!
Labor signs: lots of braxton hicks but no changes otherwise

I brought out my seeing machine and took a stab at making burp clothes. I was inspired by a family members baby shower gift of a homemade blanket, hats, and burp clothes. Very fun and relax to sew!

We have little Jacob's coming home outfit ready to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs