Pages

Thursday, September 18, 2014

Our First Week

We made it through our first week. The new normal is setting in and we love it. Hearing my husband say "I'll put the kids in the car" yesterday made the surrealism of Jacob in our life slowly fade away. Within just seven days, our little world feels complete.  Jacob has reminded Ryan and I how fast our children have and will grow. We were reminded how much we have grown as a couple and our family really feels complete.

Jacob was born on September 11th. We were not against the idea of having him born on this day. We can all remember where we were the moment the World Trade Centers were attacked. We remember the feeling when our nation came together.  Ryan remembers the feeling knowing he was meant to be a firefighter. That day is held close to the hearts of many. I would have never imagined while sitting in geometry class, watching the second plane hit, I would birth a son into the world 13 years later.  We also named Jacob from the name we loved, Jake. Jake is also used to call younger firefighters in northern states. The day just seemed right for our family. Bring joy to a day, were joy was taken away.

Jacob arrived into the world quickly! My water was broke at 12:30 and he arrived after four pushes at 2:10. He never cried and layed so peacefully on my chest for almost an hour till he started nursing! For those of you who dont know, I was unable to nurse with Rylee. We struggled and I pumped for months instead. Tears flooded my eyes when he latched and began nursing.

With the same weight and height as Rylee {7.6 lbs 19 inches} Jacob is a healthy boy!! He's a calm little one and doesnt make a flinch when his sister is marching down the hall in princess heals. We are loving our time with him. His sweet snuggles and baby fresh smell make us oh and ah over him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs